While at an amazing play over the weekend (www.bitchtheplay.com) I found myself giggling at a line in one of the monologues. The character was swooning about the godly behavior of her mythical “One”… Because he showed up on time and opened doors. Giggle.
Chivalry is not dead. And I’m not spoiled rotten. Spoiled, yes. But I spoil too so it evens out…
Here we will list 50 things to expect from a man who knows how to treat a lady.
Even your buddies should be doing these things up to item 30. It’s stuff Daddys do. Help them step their game up for the special Barbie they’ll find by putting them on point now.
I’ll be honest, as a do-it-yourself Daddy’s girl with a tool belt and strength to baffle many men, my man had some training to do… And I’m a pretty well-domesticated animal.
This is not a challenge to your superwoman strength or capacity, rather a display of respect and honor. Don’t worry. A handy list for the ladies will follow.
For you fellas who aren’t sure… Do this, without prompting. Women will swoon and your game will skyrocket. Enjoy it. Should you need instructions or tips on the following, let me know and I’ll explain each in detail.
Ken Doll Product Specifications: Should your Ken Doll malfunction, or fail to perform the following Fifty Fab actions, please return to the manufacturer with proof of purchase.
- Open doors
- Be on time
- Call if late (<–Before arrival time)
- Walk closest to the curb
- Guide you when walking together through a crowd
- Help you take off your jacket
- Wait until you’re seated to sit
- Pull out your chair
- Offer his seat if standing
- Carry more stuff than you do
- Make sure you never walk anywhere alone at night
- Move big stuff
- Move heavy stuff
- Move ugly stuff
- Kill or scare things
- Check on scary noises
- Take out the trash
- Give you his jacket
- Cover you if it’s raining
- Help or lift you over puddles
- Handle all things fiery
- Handle all things vehicular
- Help you up and down steps
- Help you in and out of cars
- Make sure you’re never out late alone
- Stand up for you
- Help you out when you need a hand
- Listen when you need an ear
- Advise when you need wisdom
- Correct when you need checkin’
- Direct when you need leadership
- Pick you up for dates…
- And drop you off (bukkit-nekkit?)
- Drool when you wear minis
- Attack when you’re bukkit….
Sorry. I got distracted. Um.Chivalry. Stuff he should do. Clearly this morphed into something else around number 30. (Blushing)
No matter. So… For the Ken doll in your life whose special parts weren’t melted into a permanent shield… I continue with specs for your special Ken doll…
- Handle it.
- Take care of it.
- Cover it.
Note: If 36 to 38 seem vague or cryptic now, wait ’till the love of your life utters those little words to you and check back.
- Make things ok
- Rub your feet if you’re weary
- Rub your back if it’s sore
- Rub your… DANGIT! This is hard.
- Soothe you
- Dress up for you
- Smell nice for you
- Take care of himself
- Do nice things for you just because
- Center you
- Adore you
- Make your relationship top priority
Mind you, this is not for you if your interest is in the garbage pail kid type:
Now… In case any of you ladies or gents (who obviously don’t know me) thought the ladies were about to be pampered free of charge…
Barbie product specifications are next: http://tinawatkins.wordpress.com/2010/09/28/barbie-doll-product-specifications/